Low Hanging Fruit Ranking Exercise
2) REWARD. Place a value next to each one in the opportunity reward. It can be potential revenue, product benefit, open door opportunities, etc. Values are 1-10 with 10 best. The higher the value the greater the business reward.
3) COST. List the cost (in money) and time efforts (hours of work) for each and create a value. Values are 1-10 with 10 highest. A low number here is the least cost.
4) TIME. Finally, put a REALISTIC time to opportunity realization (this is your sales cycle, product development time, etc.) and assign a value. Values are 1-10 with the least time needed as 10. Low time values are best (so the scale goes 1 high time involvement, 10 almost no time involvement).
5) Rank order them by combined values. The formula is (REWARD - COST) + TIME.
6) Enjoy the fruit of your labors!